Friday, June 26, 2020

There isn't really much to say this week in terms of stories. Rachel and the kids were gone at Lake Powell for her family's reunion. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. But I've been talking to Rach and it sounds like she will have a lot to write about when she gets home.

As for me, I worked, and I climbed. That's really about it. In between work days I have traveled about 20 hours, and have climbed in Index, Leavenworth, and Vantage, as well as at many more local crags. I have done close to 50 pitches this week, almost all of which were moderately difficult cracks or friction slabs. These are relatively weak areas for me, and it's been fun learning some new techniques to add to my bag of tricks. Even compared with just a few months ago, I have come a long way. Having come to a sort of plateau in other disciplines of climbing, I have to say that it is a bit intoxicating to be improving at something. The movement is unique and new, and it seems to "flow" better than the burly face climbing I am used to. I find that I spend a lot more time thinking about moves- like a puzzle- and a lot less time shaking out my pumped forearms or catching my breath. It is something I could really get into. My fingers feel neglected though for lack of pulling on tiny holds.

Anyway, that's my week. Rachel gets home tomorrow and we will have a semi-normal week leading into some home projects we have in mind. It will be nice to have them back.

Have a good week!

These are the only two pictures I took...

Breakfast spot

Lunch Spot

1 comment:

  1. The breakfast and lunch spots look nice. I bet it will be nice to have Rach and the kids back.

    ReplyDelete