Wednesday, June 17, 2020

I know I promised two posts last week and that didn't happen. Let me sum things up. 

Rachel and the kids went to Utah and to Rexburg and had fun while I stayed home and worked.

Here are some picture. I can't really tell you what they are of, but it looks like they had a good time.







When Rach was done with her trip, we had a few days at home and then Wendy flew in to spend the week with us. Again, I was at work most of the time, but we did get out on the weekend on a quick camping trip. We went to Vantage. I know, it seems like we go there pretty much every week. The thing is, it has been super wet and rainy around here, and Vantage is the only place that consistently has good weather. It also has lots of stuff to do. So yeah, we go there a lot. And I like it.

Here are photos of our camping trip.

I love that our kids can climb together and that I can just watch. It's also kind of fun to keep track of the comments we get from other climbers when we jump on their "projects" with the whole family and fire up the send train.
I'm in a picture!

Camping in the desert. It makes me feel like a character in a Louis L'amour book, but with an RV instead of a horse. It's almost the same thing. Burning sagebrush smells just as good either way. 

Girl hike with Grandma

Wendy did an awesome job on the ropes. Now let's see if we can get the other grandma to climb :)

As for this next week, Rachel and the kids are headed down to Lake Powell. Me...I am staying home and working. But also playing. To be sure, I will miss them and if it worked for me to go then I would, but I'm not feeling too sorry for myself either. I kind of like the peace and quiet. And free time. It should be a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the other grandma! I think all of her climbing is behind her. She's moved on to other things. I'm glad you're all healthy and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time camping and climbing with you. It was fun to see the family for this week and drive with Rachel to Lake Powell. We learned all about hummingbirds on the trip long drive.

    ReplyDelete