Tuesday, March 3, 2020

This post is basically just a big photo dump. Enjoy!


Jack did a scout cake thing. He got an award for the biggest cake. He made it all by himself. It tasted like a candle, but that wasn't really his fault.
I don't know if I'll ever be that dad who is all into scouting and patriotism and wilderness lore and ceremony and everything else that comes with it. I'm reasonably sure I won't be. I think I still have PTSD from that point in my own life.
...But it sure is fun watching your kids do stuff they are passionate about. Jack is a cool kid. 
Here's something that I can definitely get into with him though. Jack skied his first double black this past weekend. He actually did it twice, because he fell the first time (one of the best falls I've seen all year!) and he wanted to "master" it. The second time down he did great!  

Happy Jack. This is still his favorite run (for obvious reasons).

Just a few more ski pictures. The bottom one is with Jamie, who Rach skis with occasionally during the week while the kids are at school. Oh, it's a rough life we live.
Here's Rachel and Maren watching the play "Peter Pan"
The cake that Rachel made


And here's a few from Maren's birthday party sleepover. A lot of the things for the tea party were actually birthday presents. The cute little table setting has become a permanent fixture in her bedroom.
Here's Ev roasting a marshmallow at the outdoor expo we went to

Here are some pictures from Evelyn's birthday sleepover. In case you can't tell from the cake that Rachel made, they ate a bunch of junk food. They also did a "spa night" while the rest of the family watched a movie and stayed out of the way.
Alright. That's it.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. The birthday's look fun as does the skiing. And, I feel Logan's pain as the father of a scout. I remember feeling the same way when he was Jack's age.

    ReplyDelete