Tuesday, March 10, 2020

I am constantly reminded of how in love I am with the area we live in and with the lives we have built here. This weekend was one of those times.

On Saturday, we went climbing at Vantage. Kids did well. I am climbing better than ever- especially with trad stuff which is a goal of mine this year. Rach led a sport route too, and did a really good job with that. It was an amazing day with beautiful weather.

The next day started out by me playing in the band and then skiing until the resort closed. Two things here: First of all, I am loving my new guitar. Seriously, it makes a huge difference. Picture driving a Chevy your whole life, and then switching over to a Ferrari. Even if your driving didn't change that much, and the roads were the same ones you've always been on, the experience would still be completely different. It would also probably motivate you to drive more often and to learn some more advanced tecniques. Well, that is like my new guitar. It is a Ferrari and I love it.

The second thing is the quality of skiing this weekend. I spent almost the whole day with Jackson, and I can honestly say he is the best ski partner I have ever had. His goal was to do all the hardest runs (double blacks) at the resort in a single day without ever falling- and he did it! I was the proud dad, and found myself in a state of euphoric flow on many occasions that day as we carved turns around each other, whooping, hollering, and bantering the whole way down the mountain. What a day!

Also, how cool is it that we can have back-to-back perfect climbing and skiing on two consecutive days? Oh yeah!

And then on Monday, with all the kids in school, Rach and I had our traditional breakfast date. We also spent a long time at the climbing gym together. All told, I climbed 25 pitches this weekend, all ranging from 5.10 to 5.12. Some of that was inside, some was sport, and some was trad, but either way, that is some good mileage for me.

It was a good week :)




1 comment:

  1. You have built a great life for yourselves. The climbing looks fun and lots of progress is being made. Good for you guys! And . . . the guitar sounds like it is making you better than ever. I bet the people in the church congregation are enjoying it too. Jackson is a great ski partner. Reading your post brought back memories of skiing with him a few weeks ago. He is fearless. You have worked hard to be able to do 25 pitches of 5.10 or harder in a week. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete