Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Houston Family Reunion

The easiest way to recognize a post written by me is that it is written at least a month after the event happened! This is a great place to write a shout out to Logan for how awesome he is with keeping up on the blog and writing about our family adventures. Thank you, my Love!

About a month ago I flew out to Houston for an extended Almond family reunion. I was lucky to go a few days early to have some time with Deanna and Dave and their family. I loved catching up with Deanna and having some quality time talking and getting things ready for when the rest of the group was scheduled to arrive. Fun fact:  I am officially the age that Deanna was when I came to live with her in Texas! We had a lot to catch up on.

Family began arriving on Friday and the fun was nonstop until Sunday! There was a perfect blend of activities, food, and down time to enjoy each other's company. I will let the pictures do the talking on this one!

This trip was a great recharge for me.  I enjoy being out and having the ability to be spontaneous and not have any worries about anyone except for myself. This does not happen very often and I recognize it as a blessing when it does. I am extremely thankful that Logan took on both of our responsibilities at home for me to be able to have a week with my family.

On to the pictures!

Yoga on the back deck in the early light of morning is the perfect way to start the day!
Relay races were a hit!  This is the best picture that includes most of us. Family is awesome!










Relay race madness!




Just the right amount of time to visit



I have wanted to try an SUP for a long time.  I didn't fall, even though the bets were agents me (thanks Robert!)
Deanna and I had some much needed time together!


The weather was perfect for our trip to the zoo

Sushi with Deanna and the crew
After the official reunion ended we headed to Austin for a quick trip to Loralee and Robert's lovely home.  We enjoyed time together, a dip in the pool, and a visit to a cute little bakery.




A bit of rain only enhances the hot tub experience!


I feel like I had the perfect mix of experiences for relaxation and rejuvenation!  A few of the highlights included: sun infused early morning yoga on the deck with my mom and the bluebirds, my first SUP experience, a quick and energizing bike ride with Kendra and Brandon, soaking in the hot tub in the rain, talk time with Shannon and Marissa on the drive to Austin, catching up with some of my favorite aunts, uncles, and cousins, enjoying brunch at a cute French cafe, and just enjoying every second!
Until next time!

Birthday party time!

In Logan's last post he mentioned that birthday's last FOREVER around here.  Well... He was right! Honestly though, the parties with friends are my favorite.  I love planning activities and decorations, and lately it has been fun planning with the kids. Ev had more of a hand in planning the party this year than in previous years and I loved it! Hands down the cake is my favorite part.  I love planning for and creating fun cakes.  I could have been very happy working in a bakery as a cake creator!

Evelyn had her three best friends at the party. This group has been together for years and I loved listening to their fun conversations with the realization that they have a lot of shared history to work from. This was a landmark party for us in that the younger siblings did not attend.



This picture makes me smile because it perfectly catches each person's personality!

These games are always a hit!

Hedwig was the talk of the party!


Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment