Thursday, January 3, 2019

As mentioned in the last post, Rachel and kids have been gone for the past week in Las Vegas. I'm sure they will have lots to tell about when they come home. In the meantime, I have been playing (and working) closer to home. Besides seeing a lot of movies and playing the guitar I have gone skiing twice, made several trips to the climbing gym, and took a trip to Canada with three other friends for some ice climbing. Good times!
Gibraltar Wall- Four pitches of vertical or nearly vertical ice. Beautiful. We did two routes- one going up the middle and one on the far right of this picture. Both WI4+

So...About 15 feet off the ground, my left crampon binding broke. Rather than go down, I finished all four pitches of the climb with one foot. It was basically like doing a thousand pull-ups in a row. Pretty tiring. After that first climb, some other climbers had the part we needed to do a repair, and I was able to climb a little better on round two.


Um...that's a selfie I took at the ski resort. To prove I was there...I guess? I don't know. Anyway, it was a good day.
Stay tuned for next week when we'll do a New Year's update on everyone. Until then...

Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get your crampon fixed. I don't think I could do a thousand pull-ups in a year, let alone in a row. Good for you! Skiing, climbing gym, ice climbing, movies, and guitar . . . sounds like a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete