Monday, May 21, 2018

May is definitely Rachel's month. We have our anniversary, Mother's day, and her birthday, all within three weeks of each other. This pretty much makes the first part of the month into an ongoing celebration of her marvelous self.



One thing I really like about Rach is that she is interesting. I mean that in the best possible way. Last weekend we went out to a nice dinner party at the Coeur d'Alene resort with a small group of other doctors/spouses. While there, I was so proud to be able to introduce Rachel to my colleagues- "This is my lovely wife, Rachel. She is an accomplished sign language interpreter, a great partner in raising our five kids, and is training to take first place in a 150 mile bike race in a few weeks." On top of that, her interests range from outdoor recreation (boating, skiing, hiking, and climbing) to the humanities (theater, literature, art, and philosophy), with  a good measure of everything else thrown in between. One thing is for certain- life with Rachel is never dull.

I love that.

Happy birthday/Mother's day/Anniversary!


*****

I really haven't been that great about taking pictures this last week. The biggest failure in this department is our climbing trip with Daniel and his kids. We brought our kids as well and we got several good routes in before we had to head home for a BBQ we were hosting. Dan is currently working with other climbers, businesses, and investors to start a new climbing gym in our area. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll pass the word along.

*****

Blessing of the bikes. This is a bike ride that our church does every spring as a sort of celebration of good weather. And of bikes. And of friends. It was a lovely ride by the lake with root-beer-floats waiting at the end. Fun way to spend an afternoon.



Rocking the 3D glasses from the movie theater.


Um...does she have three cups of ice cream?
Yup.
We are good parents.
*****

Just a couple of reminders that summer vacation is coming up...

Heaven help us.

"Can I jump the fence and get my arrow out of our neighbors garden?" -Jackson
"Look- I cut off all my curlies!" -Lindsey


Symphony in the park? "I'm bored" -Every kid ever
*****

Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment