Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas celebrations continue with two big events this week:


That's a picture of me with the team I work with. We had our work party at a paint place where we made these pictures. Some of us are great artists. I am definitely not one of them. It was fun though. There were also people there from the other offices in our group, and it was good to see them as well.

After the paint thing, Rachel met up with me and we finished off the night with just the people in the picture (my team), as well as their SOs. We ate and played games and hung out together for about four more hours. Good times. I've got to say, I really love working with these guys. They make it fun and rewarding to show up each day. Besides being colleagues, they are also friends, and in a certain sort of way even a kind of extended family. I feel like the culture and values of our office in Post Falls match my own, and it is fun to see everyone contributing their remarkable talents to make good things happen for our patients. So yeah- we're pretty awesome.

*****

Here's the next picture worth mentioning:


That's an orchestra and choir in a full auditorium at North Idaho College. Rachel  interpreted the program. She's awesome to watch. I have to say that with or without her I have come to look forward to this concert each year. We know a lot of the people that help put this thing together, and I can tell you that there is TONS of work that goes into this thing. Rachel prepared for hours. The musicians did too. Almost all of this was done by volunteers with no pay. It was advertised as free, but donations were taken with proceeds going to women's/children's shelters. Also, I don't know what it is about Christmas music, but it just feels good. It was an absolutely beautiful show. There was a children's event that was planned for the same time so that people didn't even have to arrange for sitters. What a great night.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Enjoy these pictures from our neck of the woods (taken by various N. Idaho photographers):






No comments:

Post a Comment