Thursday, November 2, 2017

Happy Halloween!

My favorite holiday of the year. Here are some pictures:



Addy and Jackson both had to do pumpkin book reports for school. I think they did a great job.



Carving Jack-o-lanterns. Nothing too elaborate this year.






Costumes. Ev was Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter (it was originally Hermione, but then she changed because she realized that her and Ginny both have red hair). Addy was Crookshanks, the cat, from the same series. Jack was a Power Ranger. Maren, a pumpkin. Lindsey, a witch. A few days before Halloween we went to a party/concert/trunk-or-treat thing, and then lots and lots of trick-or-treating on the night of. We have so much candy in our house!

Tomorrow, Rachel and I are going to see this play. If it's even half as good as the old Audrey Hepburn film then it should be a fun night.

*****

Besides Halloween stuff, we've been busy getting all our kids outfitted for skiing. Last week we went to a swap and got skis/boots/and poles for Rachel, Evelyn, and Me. We also got a lot of partial sets for the other kids. Oh...And helmets (for the kids)- which is a pretty novel concept for me. We're going to another swap this weekend and hope to complete the ensemble. I'm also busy building ski racks for the garage for us to hang all the new gear. We're doing season passes at a local resort where a lot of our friends go- passes that we won't actually get until spring, but we hope to be ready by then with all the stuff.

No more cabin fever in winter!

*****

I think I mentioned it last week, but I went to a dental conference over the weekend. It was good- basically just an update on some of the new products and techniques that people are using in the profession. It's crazy to me that probably the majority of the stuff I use/do right now was not even taught when I entered dental school ten years ago. It's definitely a field that requires an ongoing education. I love that!

*****

Have a good week!

Throwback to our pumpkins in past years. We don't have the free-time now that we did then!

1 comment:

  1. Evelyn is rocking the Ginny costume. Adorable kitty, action hero, pumpkin attitude and a good witch. Ready to party.
    The life will all ski in different directions. Sounds like great fun.
    Wait Until Dark should be a great live show.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete