Monday, October 16, 2017

I mentioned in the last post that Fall has officially arrived in Post Falls. Anyone who knows our family knows that I love this season. They also know that we have a annual family tradition of picking apples and baking with them. This year did not disappoint.











What a great time of year!

Other things we have been up to:

-Rachel went to the Tri-Cities area in Washington for a two day interpreting conference. She brought her bike and had a great time, both at the conference, and on the river trail.

- The study club that I am a part of has started up again for the year (it coincides with the school year). This is a place where I meet with a bunch of other doctors to discuss the most recent changes in our profession, as well as to perform live surgeries for each other using these techniques. For my first case of the year I placed three implants on the same patient with very little room for error. Things went perfectly.

- We're busy getting the house, yard, cars, and boat ready for the oncoming winter. I have set up some winter climbing trips with friends to help me look forward to the short, cold days ahead. We are also discussing season passes for the family at one of the local ski resorts, but we need to make sure the kids are on board before we commit ourselves. With all this, I'm actually sort of looking forward to the snow. **Remember this in March**

- Everyone is doing great in school and in their various extracurricular activities. Meanwhile, Rachel and I are enjoying the freedom of having all the kids in school.

Have a good week!

Lindsey's new favorite sleeping place- inside the ottoman!


2 comments:

  1. Fall is definitely here. The apple picking tradition is a great one. What apple baking recipes did you use? The pictures of Rachel and her bike make it look like spring in Washington. I guess that's because of the green grass and blue skies. That's awesome that you did three implants and everything went perfect. I just have one I've needed done for about a year, but have never made an appointment. Now, I've gotten used to no tooth . . . I probably need to get it done. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple picking looks like a lot of fun. Time out for mom, oh I mean study hard at a conference. I'm so glad Rachel has these opportunities to add to her wonderful talent.
    I have been a fan of study club for the same reason. Way too go Logan for showing them how to do implants.
    When I was eight or so I hid under the stairs with Tim, and my my brother Marvin's kids. We didn't want them to leave. We all feel asleep and are rudely awakened when their mom found us and had a tizzy fit. I was afraid of her after that 😉

    ReplyDelete