Wednesday, October 4, 2017


By Evelyn

I've mentioned it in the last few blog posts, but things have slowed down for us and it is a nice break before the holiday season sets in. Fall is easily my favorite time of year and it has finally arrived up in North Idaho. The air has taken on a slight chill and smells faintly of wood-smoke. The leaves are starting to change color. Football season is in full swing. School is back in session. Life is good.

Fall is also a time when we relax a little bit, and it has been nice the past couple of weeks just doing whatever. Nothing big. Just normal. It's nice.

Here's some pictures:

Lindsey at SOS. Ignore the band aid on her face. It is just there to appease her. She had a red dot on her skin.

With school back in session, I thought it was time for a little organization in the garage. Lindsey helped me make these "lockers" one day while Rachel was at work.
A few weeks ago I mentioned a hike that me and Ev went on. She wanted to show the whole family. It starts out by going down the "caverns"- a series of tunnels down to the riverbed. It's actually sort of cool.


After rock-jumping for a while you reach a nice little swimming hole. "Hidden Lakes" is what Ev calls it. By the way, I LOVE that we live in a place like this. I have fond memories of riding my bike to the creek near my house where I would also find secret areas, make forts, float on wooden rafts, and catch crawdads. These were some of the best parts of growing up for me. I love that my kids can have this as well.

Just a picture of Maren. Me and her and Lindsey went out to dinner at the ever-popular Golden Corral last night. The other kids were having a roller skate party with Rach as a reward for doing all their homework over the Summer.
Roller Skate Party!

A sweet picture of Jackson reading bedtime stories to Lindsey

Sometimes Rachel dresses up like a ladybug. Just one more reason to love her :)

Have a good week!
#WeLiveInHeaven

2 comments:

  1. Hi Logan, Rachel, and everyone,
    Fall is certainly here in full swing. Courtney was here for the weekend and we took a drive up through Palisades and Driggs to see the leaves. We might have been a week or two late, but it was good to be outside and there were some lingering colors. I love Ev's picture of the season. What is SOS? It looks fun. The lockers in the garage look amazing. I bet Lindsey was a big helper. Hidden lake looks fun. I do remember the secret forts and stuff at Black Rascal park in Merced. That was fun. Have a great week and enjoy the slowing down that fall brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the creative picture by Evelyn. The lockers look great. Lindsey and Logan make a great team. The outdoor activity looks so fun. Cute ladybug. I love ♡ love the beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete