Sunday, January 24, 2016

Our home has been invaded by snakes. They are invisible and nearly indestructible. At least they aren't poisonous though- they just make it so you have a really bad cough. Apparently their sole purpose in life is to terrorize young children in the middle of the night.

That's what Jackson had to say to us last night at 3 o'clock in the morning. He was terrified and inconsolable. He isn't the only one who had a long night.

A few nights ago it was tiny spider monsters who could hide anywhere and only came out after kids were sleeping.

Before that it was something else (I can't remember).

I wish the ghostbusters were the real deal, because for the sake of all of our sanity this needs to stop.
______________________
Quick update on Evelyn's "Invent Idaho" project (read last week's post for details): She presented it and is now going to regionals. I am proud of her hard work- she did a lot even if Rachel or I had to supervise almost every step of the way to meet her teacher's expectations.


______________________
Addy update: Last week she asked to get her ears pierced. She was very brave. Evelyn went with her to offer moral support and to remind her every thirty seconds in a shrill voice how much it was going to hurt. Addy didn't bat an eye though, and is very proud of her new flower earrings. Evelyn on the other hand, was traumatized by the experience of watching, but is expected to make a full recovery in about 6 months (it could take 6 years for all I care).

_______________________
To end, I thought I'd include the answers to an activity we did with the kids a few weeks ago as we plan out our new year .

Evelyn
My best memory of the year: Reading, losing teeth
My best idea of the year: Invent Idaho
I always say: Hi!
I am proud of: My reading skills
My friends are: Saige, Dad, Mom, Family
I like to spend my time: Reading, TV, Computer
My favorite animal: Octopus
My favorite book: Any good chapter book
My favorite color: Red
My favorite food: Stromboli
My favorite song: Hushabye Mountain
This next year I want to learn: To make clay bowls or statues
This next year I want to see: The ocean
This next year I want to get better at: Reading

Adalie
My best memory of the year: Secret lost tooth (lost tooth without realizing it)
My best idea of the year: To be an inventor
I always say: I want to invent powers
I am proud of: When I make the right choices
My friends are: Skyler, Lekiah, Avery
I like to spend my time: Cuddling
My favorite animal: (Blank)
My favorite book: Frozen
My favorite color: Pink
My favorite food: "Cheesiks" (Cheesz-it crackers)
My favorite song: Let it go
This next year I want to learn: To invent
This next year I want to see: Ocean
This next year I want to get better at: Inventing

Jackson
My best memory of the year: (Blank)
My best idea of the year: (Blank)
I always say: Can I help?
I am proud of: Making goals
My friends are: Micah, Skyler, Lizzy
I like to spend my time: Doing chores
My favorite animal: Lion
My favorite book: Construction
My favorite color: Blue
My favorite food: Ravioli
My favorite song: Do as I'm doing
This next year I want to learn: To build
This next year I want to see: The ocean
This next year I want to get better at: Basketball

Maren
My best memory of the year: "I don't have memories"
My best idea of the year: Playing
I always say: Thank you
I am proud of: I'm a good player
My friends are: Dad
I like to spend my time: Playing
My favorite animal: Horses because they are beautiful and pigs because they taste good
My favorite book: (Blank)
My favorite color: Red
My favorite food: Ice cream
My favorite song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
This next year I want to learn: To plant flowers and smell them
This next year I want to see: A dragon
This next year I want to get better at: Running so I can run with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment