Sunday, September 1, 2013



This is Evelyn. On Tuesday she is going to her first day of kindergarten. On Friday I went to the store with her and we bought all of her school stuff. It's all pretty crazy- it doesn't seem like she's old enough for school yet. At the same time, however, it seems like it has taken forever for this day to come. She has been ready for this for a long time.

Besides getting ready for school, there hasn't been a whole lot going on this week. Rachel wrote in our last post about the hectic month of August and we are still trying to catch our breaths.

Yesterday we all went to the discovery park for a while. They have a pretty good sized rock wall there for the kids to climb on, and our kids all did a great job. The only downside was when Addy, with the trust that only a child could have, totally flung herself off the top into my arms without giving me any warning. Keep in mind that the wall was about 10 feet high. I caught her, but sort of hit her in the face in doing so. I told her I was sorry. She hugged me, and between sobs said "That's okay- even papas make mistakes sometimes." Dang. Kids aren't supposed to know that until they are teenagers, right?

Yesterday my cousin, Donny, called. He had just finished running a nearby river and was wondering if he could come stay with us for a while. Of course! The kids were all excited to see him too, and I don't think they have left him alone for a minute since he arrived. I have the day off work tomorrow for Labor Day, so we'll go do something fun.

Well, that was pretty much our week. I also want to mention that I have been maintaining another blog called "Logan's Podium" at loganspodium.blogspot.com. It is mostly a writing exercise for me, but if you are interested in seeing what some of my deeper views on things are, then you can either follow that blog or check in from time to time for new content. If you do, then make sure you read "A letter to my readers" on the side bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment