Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fourth of July and Family Reunion

We have had a great week!

First of all, the Fourth of July week pretty much shut down our business- I worked a half day on Monday and Wednesday, and was totally closed on Thursday and Friday. I could look at this as a bad thing, but our month is actually shaping up to be pretty good so instead I saw it as a nice extended vacation. Also, Rachel's family got here on Wednesday for the reunion that we are hosting and we have had pretty much nonstop fun ever since then. We've done hiking, climbing, inner-tubing on the river, boating, and a whole lot of swimming. We've also had great food and a couple of good nights around the campfire.

On the Fourth we all went into Coeur d'Alene for the fireworks where we got "front row seats" on the beach. The kids played and swam until the fireworks started, and then we enjoyed the show. One of my favorite parts of the show was the reflection of the fireworks off the lake, creating the illusion at times that we were actually sitting in the sky, with one show above us and another down below. It was beautiful. I love where we live.

Another notable activity was the river. We took 5 inner-tubes, one air mattress, and one small raft. The weather was perfect and I think everyone had a good time. We switched off often between the raft and the tubes, and the kids liked dangling their feet in the water or sitting on someone's lap in the tube. By the end of the trip the air mattress and two of the tubes where pretty much useless. This made for some interesting solutions, but it worked and we all made it to the end in one piece.

Tomorrow and Tuesday I have awesome days scheduled at work, but I have also planned on taking both days off early so that I can go hang out with the rest of the family on the big pontoon boat that we have rented. It should be a lot of fun.

Now, if only I can get through the next week without getting a sunburn we will call this reunion a total and complete success.

Here we are before the river trip

One morning I went climbing with Evelyn, Wesley, and Marissa

Maren loves the water...after she gets used to it. This can take a while though...

Everyone likes going out on the lake in the raft!

The rope swing got stuck on a tree branch and I had to climb up the tree to get it. By the time I reached the top, I had quite the audience between our family and the other people that were swimming with us.

Brandon and Addy are good friends

Got the rope swing down!

Evelyn and Addy playing in the waves at the lake before the fireworks started

Lots of good fun and conversation around the fire pit.

I love this picture of Evelyn.

The cooks.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Albert hazard.and I am looking for my family.I no nothing about my family the hazard's. I am a African American, not that it matters.i just want to meet my family. my father was albert hazard. that's it that's all I have.they were from R.I. and I think boston mass.not sure about anything. I am a good man married for over 30 years and I have 5 children here in va. would love to find my family. god bless you

    ReplyDelete