Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Well, it's February now so I guess it's my month for the blog. Just so you know, this post is going to be a disjointed bunch of stories and stuff, but hey, that's pretty much our life.

First of all, I have to say that there are three words that I have come to fear more than any other. They are uttered constantly by all three of our older children, and I'm sure that if Maren could talk she would say the same thing. The words: I'm still hungry. Seriously- it seems like overnight all of our kids have developed full adult-sized appetites. It has become normal for any one (or all) of them to eat more in a given meal than Rachel or I do. It's crazy.

I've got to tell a story about Jack. That kid may be the smallest of the trio, but he definitely knows how to tease his sisters. Also, it's like he knows exactly where the line is where Rachel and I get upset, and he walks that line very carefully. The results are nothing short of hilarious. We often get tear-filled reports from both Evelyn and Adalie tat Jack won't stop standing next to them, looking at them, or breathing on them. You get the picture. He is great at provoking them without really doing anything and then standing back with a sly grin as we tell his sisters to get over it. He'll then go right back to bugging  them. I love it.

Oh- another fun quick story. The other day Evelyn came and asked Rachel where the wipes were. There was just something about the way she asked that made Rachel suspicious, and she askes, "Why do you need the wipes?"
"Oh, we just want to clean up," was the response.
"What are you cleaning?"
"Adalie's room"
"What is in Adalie's room that you need to clean?"
"We were just playing a game, and we need to clean up now."
"What game were you playing?"
Pause. Silence. And then, hesitently- "It's a game called eggs."
Yep- Eggs. Nine of them. Hidden. And broken. Fun game. Whoever came up with that one was a genius.

Last Sunday we were awesome parents. We came home from church and put the kids downstairs with all-you-can-watch Disney movies and pizza. We then pretty much ignored them for the rest of the day while we watched the Super Bowl upstairs on our projector. I have to say that even though my team lost, I'm just glad that in the second half it at least turned into a real football game.

I should mention that Rachel went to an interpreting conference last weekend Friday/Saturday while I got some good kid-time in. It's good that she was able to do that.

The business is going great. Rachel is an awesome advertiser.

The weather feels like spring. Most of the snow is melting the sun is shining, and there are a lot of birds outside. I've started walking to work on occasion. I like it.

Last thing. This doll is named Creepy. She scared me every time I see her. Rachel and I have both walked into a room and mistaken her for Maren. She lives up to her name. Sometimes it's downright disturbing...




2 comments:

  1. Great stories. Reminds me of when you were little. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing at every story! I know exactly what you mean about how Jack terrorizes his sisters. I remember you guys doing the same thing. It must truly be a brother thing to do and boys are just born knowing how to do that. You're right about that doll being creepy. I thought it was Maren too, and Dad is reading your blog and just said, "Holy Smoly! Is that a picture of Maren?" How funny!

    ReplyDelete