Sunday, March 11, 2012

The other day Rachel was looking in on the kids while they were playing on the top bunk of Evelyn's bed. Suddenly, out of nowhere and without warning, Jackson grabbed hold of Addy's head with both hands in a vice-like grip. It looked like he was going to hurtle her over the edge of the bed, sending her face-first into ground a good 5 feet below. Addy looked terrified. Rachel was about to save the day by diving into the room for a hero-style rescue when she saw Jackson make his move. He bent down with his face, gently kissed the top of Addy's head, and sweetly said "there you go" before letting her go. They then resumed playing as normal.

I love our kids.

As far as our activities for the week go, I couldn't really tell you. This week has been a marathon for me with work, so I really wasn't home all that much. Actually, I worked the same amount as I normally do. The reason it seemed long was because we had Study Club over the weekend. Let me just say, I love study club! These weekends get me so pumped up about my job. The stuff we do during these weekends is the reason I got into dentistry in the first place, and it is just downright COOL.

But...It also means I didn't get to spend a lot of time at home. As far as I know, Rachel is starting to get out more regularly now. Grandma Almond is still here and it has been nice having her to help and provide good company for Rach and the kids- especially on a week when I was pretty much absent. It is also looking like Spring is here to stay in Northern Idaho, and we have enjoyed some beautiful days lately. The kids are having fun discovering the joys of a backyard, and Rachel is having fun discovering the joys of a fence.

We live a good life.


 Here's some of the outside play we have had. It has been beautiful! Addy hasn't seemed to have this figured out yet though-- I think she will still put her snow clothes on to go outside even when it is summer time.
 Grandma Almond gave this chalk board to Evelyn for her birthday. As a part of the gift, they decorated the edges with flowers and jewels and stuff.


Also, this week I put the climbing wall up. Our kids love it! Evelyn has become quite the pro.


5 comments:

  1. Go Evelyn! We needed one of those when you were little, Logan. Maybe then you wouldn't have stacked two chairs together to reach up into Sue Chambers' china cupboard and break one of her salt and pepper shakers. You were exactly Jack and Addy's age when that happened. You've had climbing in your blood your whole life and it looks like you passed it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome Logan. You will have to let me know how you did it. Is it in the basement? Your dad gave a talk today in church that we saw on their blog. He talked about Snow Hole rapid. Looks like things are going great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donny- I'v got a 25' shop out back of my house where i put the wall. I saw my dad's talk and it brought back a bunch of memories. Anyway- things are good. We'll be down in SLC a few times this summer- I'll give you a call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try the climbing wall with Evelyn. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have a great life...maybe time to invest in some matching climbing shoes for Miss. Evelyn though... :)

    ReplyDelete