Sunday, April 10, 2011

This week was busy. Now that we have a destination and a time frame it seems like the days are going by twice (three times?) as quickly as before. It also seems like we have twice as many things that we need to do every day in preparation for the big move.

One topic that seems to be prevalent in our conversations is exactly how we are going to go about this move. We could rent a moving truck and tow the van. That would be the easiest thing. The other option is that we could pull a trailer with our van which would cut the cost of the move in half. The only thing is that we would then have to sell a bunch of our stuff (a trailer is obviously much smaller than a moving truck) and then re-buy it all when we get to our new home. I've made a spreadsheet and everything, and this option seems to make a lot of sense except for the extreme amount of stress that it would involve. Also, this option is a little less predictable and may end up costing more in the long run. Oh the dilemma. I think we'll probably end up going with the truck, but I am sure that I will be second-guessing myself all the way to Idaho. I just hate it when I know I could be doing something a better way but I am not.

Despite the seemingly busy week we had we were still able to get out for some leisure activity. Yesterday we went to the zoo for the first time of the year and that was a lot of fun. I like zoos. I really am intrigued with the animals there and it is made even better by the fact that we have three children.

Evelyn: Look Jackson, a lion. Lion says raaaaaaarrr!
Addy: Raaaaaaarrrrr! giggle giggle squeal!
Jackson: (frantic wide eyed pointing) duh duh duh duh duh

Very fun.

Have any of you seen the movie Cinderella? You know the part where the mice are bringing the key up the stairs to rescue Cinderella. When Gus (the fat mouse) sees how many stairs he has to climb he does this same frantic noise- "Duh duh duh duh"- as Jackson. I think about this every time our Jack gets excited about something.

Since Rachel and I didn't get a date night this week we decided to create our own. After we got home from the zoo we fed the kids and got them off to bed a little bit early. Then we made a gourmet Italian dinner for the two of us and ate it by candlelight. Afterwords we watched a chick-flick. I have to say it was one of the best "dates" I have been on lately.

Well, I need to go. Evelyn just announced that she made us dinner. "Macaroni and Cheese" made out of nothing but water! This will be interesting. Here are some zoo pictures of our week. Enjoy. Evelyn "Riding on her camel." She says this ALL THE TIME. Ever since her first piggy-back ride. "I'm riding on my camel. I 'm riding on my camel." I have no idea where this came from. I had no idea she even knew what a camel was. But I am her camel when we are playing games, and anything else she can "ride on" also becomes her camel. She is so weird.

3 comments:

  1. Fun times! We are so excited to get you all closer to us. Does Spokane or Coeur d'Alene have a good zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was from Mom. I need to remember to check which account is showing before I post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you guys. It's so fun being a grandpa!! We are looking forward to watching the kids.

    ReplyDelete