Sunday, June 20, 2010

First things first- go to the bottom of the blog, watch the video, and take the test. Good luck!


Today in church the primary children, including the nursery, sang to their fathers. Evelyn was so cute. There was the usual chaos of getting all of the kids lined up in the front and of getting them quiet for the beginning of the song. And then, right when everyone was finally settled down and the song was about to start, Evelyn points her finger right at me gives me the biggest smile and yells out in a very loud and clear voice, “DADDY!” (Sort of like she was saying “This one goes out to you, Papa.”) She then sang “I’m so Glad when Daddy Comes Home” and did all of the actions. I sure love that girl!


Speaking of Evelyn, she has discovered a new game. First she covers Jack and Addy up with a blanket so they can’t see anything. Next, she very sneakily walks up to them. And finally, she pounces, body slamming one of the poor unsuspecting babies. Evelyn loves this game. The babies have mixed feelings on it. Sometimes they sort of giggle and actually seem to be enjoying the attention. Most of the time they just scream bloody murder until we divert Evelyn’s attention elsewhere (Evelyn look- a doggy!).


The babies are becoming more and more mobile. Jack can now crawl on all fours just as well as his sister, and they are both pulling themselves up on things and walking around them. I don’t know if I’m ready for this yet. Evelyn’s second favorite game (for her first, see above) involves pushing babies over as soon as they stand up- sort of like an advanced form of whack-a-mole. We have to stop her, of course, but sometimes I feel like doing the same thing since it is so much easier to watch them when they are confined to a single location.


On Saturday we were going to go to Cedar Point- Just Rachel and I. For those who don’t know, Cedar Point is an amusement park in the area, and it was to be a belated anniversary gift to ourselves (since we were busy driving across the country during our anniversary). We had babysitters lined up and everything, but then noticed that the weather forecast called for violent thunder showers. Now we usually don’t plan around the weather (we find that we would never do anything, and usually the weather is wrong anyway), but for this day we figured we wanted to be sure we would be able to enjoy ourselves (as thrilling as it would have been to be on a tall metallic rollercoaster during a lightening storm). Between the cost, the time, and the babysitters we really only had one chance at getting it right and we were not about to risk it.


Needless to say, the day turned out being absolutely gorgeous. I found myself praying for the storm of the century to validate our decision, but it just didn’t happen. Instead we took everyone to the beach and to the Marblehead lighthouse. Again, for those who don’t know, this lighthouse has become an Icon of Northern Ohio and is really quite famous. As far as I was concerned, it looked like a lighthouse. It was pretty, as lighthouses usually are, but just a lighthouse all the same. The beach was fun though and Evelyn especially had a good time.






Here are some video clips we put together from some of our conversations with Eva. After watching them we started wondering if you, our loyal readers, could understand some of her favorite words. Take a second and put your best guesses in the comment section. We will have a surprise for the person who gets the most words correct.

3 comments:

  1. You think I'd be better at this, I thought "No prob, give me a real challenge." since I have 2 kids AND currently have the nursery calling. But my guesses are:

    1:milk
    2:cup of milk or drink of milk something like that.
    3:jacket
    4:sounds exactly the same. Jacket again,stop trying to trick me Evelyn.
    5: hi
    6:That's definitely "I love you"
    7:doggy?
    8:cookie
    9:I sleep
    10:Either "Grrrr" or "jack!"
    11:book
    12: ?????
    13: right here!

    No these probably are wrong. It's all about context, I could guess better the word "blankie" if she picks up a blankie while saying it. Anyways..... she's gorgeous, so are the twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got these!!
    1. Grandpa
    2. Grandpa
    3. Grandpa
    4. Grandpa
    5. Grandpa
    6. Grandpa
    7. Grandpa
    8. Grandpa
    9. Grandpa
    10. Grandpa
    11. Grandpa
    12. Grandpa
    13. Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I guess ( in no particular order) words like blanket, jacket, addyjack, daddy...In the end I am stumped!

    ReplyDelete