Sunday, April 4, 2010

Five days shy of seven months. Twenty-Nine Sundays. Accounting for Two Hundred and Four days of our life, my amazing husband, Logan, has written the weekly blog. Yes. I do understand how lucky I am that my husband would even think about typing a post, let alone be more eloquent, well spoken, and humorous than me. Don't get me wrong. I think I do a good job, but he just has the ability to captivate his audience. Other than the blog, Logan has also completely taken over washing laundry, cooking amazing dinners on many nights, cleaning the kitchen, etc. He has always done more than his fair share of cleaning, but he has really been amazing these last few months. I am one VERY lucky wife. I love you Logan!


We have celebrated Easter for the entire week. We just might make this a tradition because it was so fun! On Tuesday we used our ultra cool egg dying kit to teach Evelyn a thing or two about dying eggs. This kit came with glitter glue, stickers (Evelyn's soft spot), sequins, crystals, a miniature glue bottle, glitter powder, and of course egg dye. I love watching Evelyn concentrate while she is working. Her little tongue comes out (Just like Grandpa Kelly and myself) and her eyebrows scrunch up. She took this very seriously. By the end she was covered in glitter, stickers, sequins, and crystals. She had been bedazzled.

Throughout the week we have been having little Easter egg hunts with Evelyn . She is becoming quite the egg searcher. Holidays have been SO much fun with Evelyn around. She is finally old enough to grasp the concept and enjoy activities surrounding the special day.


Thursday we had a special play group. Everyone brought a few eggs and we organized a little Easter egg hunt for all of the kids. This was nothing like the hunts that I am old enough to remember. I remember ‘every man for himself’ kind of hunts where if you didn’t move quickly enough you would become an eggless trampled mess. I realized that egg hunts for two year olds are much different when we went to the Cleveland Heights Egg hunt in the Tennis court. Before that hunt I took time to explain the concept and develop a strategy for Evelyn, but as soon as the hunt began I quickly realized that the kids just wandered around in circles like distracted cats while parents offered encouragement.


The weather in Cleveland has been spectacular this week. The highs have been in the seventies every day. Logan and I took advantage of this and took the kids to the Zoo on Saturday. This was our first Zoo trip of the summer and I know there will be many more to come. We let Evelyn loose and our entertainment came from watching her (see video). She is one cute little animal!


In Cleveland, we don’t watch General Conference until noon. This means we have a full morning to get out and play. After our Zoo trip we settled in for Conference. Well, Logan and I settled in. Our three lovely kids didn’t get the concept of ‘settling.’ I think I heard about four sentences of Conference. It’s the thought that counts right?


In between conferences we successfully managed to get all of our kids to sleep. I went to 7-11 for a Slurpee run (This used to be a tradition for us on hot days after we went rock climbing in Rock Canyon). This time, we settled on the porch and talked for a while.


Easter morning has been very relaxing and fun. We hid Evelyn’s Easter basket for her to find, then we invited Luke over for a small backyard Easter egg hunt (we have had a lot this week, but Evelyn really enjoys them). We played outside and went for a nice morning walk.


Conference seemed to have two non related themes. I think I have heard more depressing stories this weekend than I have any other weekend of my life! On a more positive note, there were a lot of talks centered on families and children. Those were fun to listen to (except for the ones that coincided with the aforementioned theme).


Happy Easter everyone! I hope your week was as good as ours

Our Pictures: In reverse chronoligical order for this week.


An Easter morning snapshot of Evelyn as she searches for eggs.

Our little monkeys on Easter morning.






Checkin' out the goods.

We had our own 'brown pants day' at the zoo. We have the cutest kids ever!



Jackson's first time on a swing. He smiled each time he reached the apex of the swinging arc.





Evelyn and Luke were fighting over the swing. This was the obvious solution. Notice Evelyn's stylish cowboy boots! She loves them.

Meticulously coloring eggs. This is serious business!


Jackson can (and does) fall asleep anywhere! He is still gripping the basket.



We have begun the process of introducing Jack and Addy to the crib. And introducing Evelyn to the fact that Jack and Addy will soon be in her room. It will be interesting to see how this works out. Jack and Addy now sleep in there for morning naps only (without Eva in there).



Fun at the Zoo


Bath Time!



Where did it go?

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Rachel! So newsy, with both pictures AND videos, The only problem is, everyone is growing up without me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rachel. you have the cutest little family. i love to read your updates, your husband really is a gem. you are a lucky girl! im so glad i get to see what is going on in your life even tho you guys are s far away.

    ReplyDelete