Sunday, January 31, 2010

This week has been ok...but not spectacular. There really isn't a whole lot to say about what we did. Why? Because we didn't really do anything.

You see, Saturday is our day to be active. It is our play day. I have often said that while Sunday may be a sacred day of rest, Saturday is a sacred day of fun. I have made it a personal goal to not have to work or study over the weekend. I feel like this has given us at least one day each week that we can go out and do something sort of special.

Unfortunately, this Saturday was stolen from me. Once a year the school does "prophy day" where we do free teeth cleanings for the community. While this day is great for the community, it is actually driven purely by self interest; the day acts as a generalized screening of potential patients for the seniors to use on their licensure exams. For everyone except for the seniors it means that we get to waste a perfecty good Saturday cleaning people's teeth. Gross.

These aren't your normal patients either. Oh no. These are the kind of people that don't go to the dentist at all unless it is free. Pretty much everyone I saw needed to just get all of their teeth (or what was left of them) yanked out and fit with a denture. After days like that I seriously don't understand why anyone would want to be a hygienist.

And I'm still bitter that I was doing this on a Saturday...all day. But I guess I'll be grateful when I'm a senior if I get a patient out of the whole ordeal.

Other than that, everyone is doing fantastic. Have a good week :)


Here are some of Jackson and Adalie's noises. You can compare them- especially Addy's- with Evelyn's sounds when she was this age (see 6/1/08)



Jackson is quite the little roller. He does this on both sides. We are so proud.



Evelyn LOVES to help make dinner. Here's a lengthy video showing Rachel in her very attractive PJs helping Eva with Sunday dinner.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see your videos, but it always says it is unavailable. :(

    ReplyDelete