Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Saga Continues...

That's right...The Saga. You might not have heard, but this is what the story of our car's tires has become. If you want to hear all about it, go ahead and read the next four paragraphs- if not, you can skip to the 5th; I just need room to vent- I hear that it's therapeudic.

See, about a month ago while we were walking out of the mall I happened to brush up against one of the back tires of our car while putting Evelyn into her car seat. Much to my surprise, the tire poked me! Me, knowing that tires were not supposed to "poke" people, I decided to investigate a bit further. My fears were confirmed when I saw that it had worn down so far that the steel belting was showing through. A quick look revealed that it was not just particular tire, but on all of the tires. Time for new tires. I guess that we should monitor that a bit closer. Thankfullly we caught the problem before trouble hit.

Anyway, the next day we got four new tires on our car. That sould be the end of the story, but sadly it is not. Not a week had gone by when we entered our garage from a wrong angle and managed to shred the side wall of our front tire. The tire was ruined. I put the spare on and made plans to buy another new tire the next day. I was a little put out by this, but oh well- those things happen sometimes.

The next day before I got home from school I got a phone call from Rachel who informed me that our spare had gone flat and that she was forced to abandon the car in some random parking lot on the way home from a dentist appointment. Great. Thanks to our great friends the Bonds (who seem to always be helping us out in some way) I was able to get a ride to the tire store and buy a new tire, and then get a ride back to our car where I put it on and drove home. That was a little more trouble that I had wanted to deal with, but oh well.

End of story?...I think not. Yesterday we were driving down the highway and we suddenly ran over something that gave us another flat tire. We pulled over to the side of the road as quickly as we could, but the damage was done. The tire was shredded. To make matters worse, we hadn't gotten around to replacing the spare tire yet so we couldn't just do a quick road-side tire change and be on our way. Nope. Instead, we had to call a tow truck to bring us to the tire store where we bought yet another new tire. That makes 7 new tires in one month! (6 full sized and one spare) Hopefully, this is where the story ends, but only time will tell.

That said, there was actually some good that came from the whole tire fiasco yesterday. We were planning on being apart for most of the day doing seperate things, but the tire thing gave us an excuse to change some of those plans and spend the whole day together. We went to a garage sale, and a big used-baby-items sale that was a church fundraiser. We got some great deals on toys and cloths for our Bugaboo, our Noodle, and our Twitch. When we got home we reorganized our house so that our sunroom is now the "play room" instead of an office. The change is nice and makes our home feel bigger.Add Image

Another highlight of the week was our Friday date-night. The young women were doing a fund-raiser for camp and offering to babysit all of the children in the ward. We took advantage of the time to go to Wendy's...Restaurant Style. For our first course we just ordered drinks and apetisers. Then we talked for a while, and when we were ready we went back up and ordered the "entre" and sides. Finally, we finished the night off by driving down the street to Mcdonalds for desert (hot fudge sundays). This "fancy" fast-food was all Rachel's idea- leave it to her to make a special night out of Wendy's and Mcdonalds. The food was good and the company was great. I sure married a cool person!



Here's Eva with Daddy's boots- she thought that was pretty neat.


My two beautiful girls at the tire store.
It was warm enough to eat lunch outside! And Eva LOVED the Chicken Nuggets.
Here we are at the West Side Market. As you can see, Saturdays are really busy there.

2 comments:

  1. What a circus. Glad it's over.....we hope! lol. We love all of you lots and lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate being stranded on the freeway! It has hapened twice to me, and I'm so sorry you guys had to do that after all the previous tire problems. I hope that's the end of it!

    ReplyDelete