Sunday, March 15, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

Logan has been doing research for as long as I have known him. He already has a lot of publications (I asked him how many and he didn't even know). He presented his work from BYU at a well known international bio-chemistry conference in San Fransisco, and he will present his work from CASE at a conference in April in Miami. Why am I telling you all this? Well, this week he did an oral presentation as part of Professional's Day at CASE. He did a wonderful job and he and his partner won a five hundred dollar award! Congratulations Love!

On Friday our ward had its first annual dinner/dance party. I love our ward! I was so impressed when everyone was out on the dance floor. There was a great mix of music and a lot of fun people. The theme was St. Patrick's day and our green homemade rolls were a hit! We had a great DJ that dedicated songs to couple's and kept the crowd entertained (the wives didn't know, but there was a list passed around in Priesthood for the men to write down 'the song' that reminds them of their wife). I am excited for next year's party.

On Wednesday I had another doctor visit for the babies. I am now 11 weeks and Dr. Reider said I was measuring 16 weeks. In three weeks he said I should be measuring 20! I knew I would grow bigger than normal, but hearing the actual numbers is kind of scary. Noodle and Twitch are growing very well and Dr. Reider was very impressed. He said it was very rare that I would be feeling as good as I am (I only had morning sickness for three weeks and am feeling great now).

On Saturday we went to another baby sale. We found some fun things for Eva and some cute clothes for her to grow into. We also bought a baby bouncer for the babies. Our favorite purchase was a good backpack that will hold Evelyn so we can go hiking and backpacking all summer! Bring on the beautiful weather!

Today was our first bike ride of the summer. The weather was beautiful and the company was great! Evelyn serenaded us with her beautiful songs and we chatted about our Summer plans.


Evelyn is a great helper when it comes to baking. This is getting ready for the ward party. I think she liked the rolls- even before they were cooked!


Today we went on a family bike ride- It was great to get outside after a seemingly long winter. I think we were all getting a little cabin fever. Bring on the Summer!

The new play room is great! Evelyn loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment