Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer wrap up

The great days of summer are comming to a close. We had a great vacation (seet the last two posts), and now we are back and adjusting to normal life again. Logan is going back to school tomorrow and he has a very full schedule, and I am catching up with homework from my online classes. I get to be with Eva all day, and I am excited about that, but I will miss all of the free time with Logan.

I am constantly amazed at the variety of sounds that our little Eva can make. She has a sound for everything. She shrieks, mumbles, coo's, and sings. We are trying to get all of her cute sounds on video so we can always remember them.
This week we went to John and Cathy's house for dinner. They have a two year old son named Ethan. Evelyn and Ethan became fast friends and I think they both have their first crushes. Ethan showed off for Evelyn and gave her plenty of attention (both of his parents say he has never been interested in any babies before). Logan held Eva up nose to nose with Ethan and I heard a burst of uncontrollable cute giggles. I thought it was Ethan, but I looked over and the cute bursts were coming from Eva! We have never heard her giggle before (Logan says her laugh sounds like a baby on helium). The next two days were spent trying to make her giggle again, but to no avail. On Friday we went to a party at the Cowden's. Ethan was there and Evelyn started giggling the moment she saw him. She definately has her first crush.
Evelyn has no shortage of sounds she can make. She has many very definate sounds (see the video below for a brief demonstration of two of them). She has a hard time not talking even while she is eating! This was the first week we introduced solids and she did a great job. Sometimes she is a little bit fussy because I feed her solids half way through her normal meal.

Logan, Eva, and I went to Headlands beach yesterday with about five other families in the ward. This is the best beach that Cleveland has to offer. There were pretty good size waves (not quite big enough for surfing, but good for boogie boarding), very warm water, NO salt in the water, and plenty of sand for building sand castles and digging holes. This beach is perfect for families with kids. Evelyn had a good time playing in the waves with dad.

Life is great and we are excited for another week.


Logan and I think that Evelyn has the cutest little baby body. She also has a cute bum!


This is a picture of Logan's artwork at the beach.



Evelyn is looking so grown up!





1 comment:

  1. Aww... Ethan and Eva... how sweet! Glad you guys are back- it looks like you had a great time. We'll have to go walking when I get back with the boys!

    ReplyDelete