Sunday, September 23, 2007

Loving every minute!

Hey! I hope everyone is doing great with whatever they are doing. I know we are! This week was a fun week for Rachel and me. There are two "highlights" that need to be mentioned about the week.

First of all, we had a visit to the doctor for our baby. Everything is going perfectly- Rachel is healthy, and the baby is healthy, and it doesn't even look like Rachel is pregnant yet even though she is already at the half-way mark for the pregnancy. We still don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl, but we a scheduling an ultrasound soon (sometime in the next couple of weeks) and we'll be sure to let everyone know what "shows up".

The second highlight is that we were able to go rock climbing at a place known as the Logtown Quarry. It's an old sandstone quarry that has close to a hundred established routes. The rock was a little different than we were used to and made for some interesting climbs and moves. We met a cool lady there, who was probably in her late 50s or early 60s. She had started climbing when she was 47, and had established a lot of the first ascents in the area, some of them up to 5.12 in difficulty. She came over and watched us climb for a while, and even coached me through a difficult move on a 5.11 I was leading. That was pretty awesome!

Besides that, life has been pretty great to us! We made a friend with a chipmunk that lives under our front porch. We named it "Ace" because of its fearless nature, and we enjoy watching it. Also, I had a fun experience on Friday when my class went into the public schools around Cleveland to teach the kids about teeth. I know that teeth aren't the most interesting things to learn about when you're in 3rd grade, but I think the kids had fun, and I know I did! I was nervous at first to be left alone with a group of little 2nd-3rd graders, but they put me at ease pretty quickly.
Logan was actually doing a dyno move upwards, but this picture gives the illusion that he is falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment