Thursday, August 20, 2026

Right now I'm sitting in an airport on my way to Boise. Evelyn and the rest of the family got there yesterday. Starting now, Ev has officially moved out of the house. That's going to be a big adjustment for everyone, but I'm going to save that post for next week. Just know that this week has had a lot of emotional highs and lows for us. I think we're all in a good place now though.

Last weekend, however, was a very nice change of pace when, for five days, we attended a "family camp" with a lot of built-in activities and very little internet or cell phone reception. All we had to do was show up and go to our assigned cabin. From there, we had all our meals served to us, lots of planned events, and lots of things to do in the down time. It was a good refresher.

Maren getting ready for the ropes course

Addy showing how to do it with no hands

I had to one-up her with the no hand thing, because I'm petty like that

Lots of water activities. And snow cones.

They had this big squishy thing in the water and Addy thought it would be a nice place to relax and read her book...until she rolled off into the water with all her clothes on. Unfortunately, not many people got to see the glory of that moment.

Turns out, Jack can be pretty dangerous with a bow and arrow. He's a pretty good aim.

It's the simple things.

They asked me to be in a skit with "twins" from camp- strangers who look alike. I have no idea who that guy is, but he looks like he could be my brother.

I think that's all I have for you this week. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment