Monday, July 27, 2026

Maren's NY/DC Trip

Wow, This felt like such a fever dream… but all jokes aside this was the best experience of my life. And now for the photo dump that is mostly in order.

This is Larry, I took a bunch of pictures of him but this is the only one that got into the photo dump also this happens to be my first time on a plane. Larry the fish has been with me since 2024, and he has been in my pocket since! We do life together.

this is a one more picture from the plane. It was just a cool experience.

At the end of our trip, we found out that our plane was delayed like 3 hours and it was like 3 in the morning when we boarded, so when everyone was sleeping on the floor. I got a Mod pizza at like 2 in the morning!

This was at Amish town, best pretzel of my life. An Amish family invited us to dinner. Everything was homemade. It was cool because they had the animals that they got the milk and butter from for dinner, so whenever they need a restock, they just make their own ingredients! We taught the kids about 6/7. The family was nice, and the kids were confused by our phones. One of the kids came on the bus and he got to honk the horn. It looked like it was the best experience of his life.

This was the cutest baby goat ever at Amish town, they were everywhere and so cute. I have now seen a baby goat smile, and I have JOY.


Funny story- Emma and I were riding the elevator to get to our room from the pool. There was a person in front of us on his phone. I was being silly and dancing behind him. When we got out of the elevator, Emma turned to me and said, "You know he was on Facetime, right? He saw all of that, and so did the person on the call!." We laughed so hard about that.

This is a photo I found on the web. Sadly, I did not get a picture of myself doing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier ceremony. I was one of two people in my class chosen to do perform the Changing of the Guard. We got the seventh woman ever as the person becoming the new guard. I also dressed up to show respect for this honor. To be considered, I had to learn how they walked and rehearse the steps, write an essay, and take a test. It was a neat experience and I am glad I was able to participate and do it.

This was at the WW2 museum. I don't do it justice when I say it was depressing. I was the first to start getting teary eyed. Seeing all of the photos and artifacts made the whole thing so real.

I got to see the Declaration of Independence, it was neat. but the writing was too fine so I couldn't read it. I can't believe how small their handwriting could be!

This snazzy picture was right above the declaration of independence, but why they had to give him so much steaze is not known to me.

I know what your thinking, "What the what am I looking at?". That's about what I say, too. It was actually a really cool place. We went to a old house with a bunch of secret doors and by what I have heard, there are more then 100 if them. A really rich guy, a million years ago, made a mansion and it is now a museum.

Random thing- it is really funny that me, Addy ,and Ev have all seen some kind of  Minion ad in Times Square!

Ok, just one more pictures of Larry in NY. He was living his best life.

This is the boat that we took to see the Statue of Liberty.
This penguin is Addy's that she got from NY at the Statue of Liberty when she went, so I was on my own mini side quest to get this picture by the statue for Addy.

Idk what this picture is at this point, all I remember is that on this day we went to like 100 memorials in like two seconds. And it was like a million degrees. We were kind of dying. I liked it though. It is important to know that Jefferson's face was creepily watching us over the water.

this is just a cool picture of The Rock. I found a few questionable things on the ground walking through the city. It was all new to me, and it was cool to walk there. There were food trucks everywhere! On street corners you could find two food trucks next to each other selling the exact same thing with the exact same set up. There was also a homeless guy with a pet rat. That was pretty sweet. 

I got this at The Rock...enjoy the nightmares that this will be in. 
This was a cool Italian place we went to in Little Italy, I was kind of disappointed at Chinatown and little Italy because it was basically just a tourist trap with little to nothing to do with China or Italy, but this place was cool.

 Story time- so we were just eating and talking when this like little 4 foot tall Italian man comes in and starts absolutely ripping on the key board. We all just got up and conga lined, did the can can, etc. It was wild.

This is just me on the bus passing time.

This was yummy food, but we went there after the plane and bus so we were all just dead tired.

This is just me when we went to the giant indoor greenhouse flower garden, it was a cool time filler. We saw frogs in the leaves, and it was the best.

MAMMA J!!!! we love mamma J. She was our GOATED bus driver that we all love. She had an intercom in the bus for us to make music requests for our extra long bus rides. I still miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment