Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The seasons are turning again and, though it is still beautiful and colorful outside, the temperatures are not just "slightly" chilly anymore. This week was downright cold. If it's going to be like this then I'd just as soon have some snow already. 

Over the weekend our family spent some time helping out with a large street festival downtown in Coeur d'Alene. Three blocks were closed off and there were vendors, musicians, and lots of good food to be had. Addy and Maren put tattoos (temporary) on kids. Jackson and Lindsey handed out hot drinks. Evelyn hung out with her friends and did some busking. It was a good way to spend a morning.

That afternoon we headed up to Kellogg where they did their downtown trick-or-treating event. We spent some time resting in Wallace and checking up on the house, and then went home for a movie night. It was a pretty laid-back week.

Tonight is Halloween. We'll go downtown and then each of the kids has a different friend group they are going out with, leaving Rachel and me on our own. I can't complain. To be honest, I don't even know what everyone is doing this year as far as costumes go, but I'll take some pictures to put up next week.

Have a good week!

Tattoo Parlor

Drink Stand. Jackson did a lot more work here, but wouldn't allow me to take his picture. He had been playing with makeup the night before and his eyes were a little scary.

We got pizza downtown after the street fair. We like pizza.

This is a follow-up from last week's "Lindsey-is-weird" picture. This time she came and sat down next to me while I was watching football. At first I thought she was eating ice cream. Wrong. It turns out they were Ritz Crackers crumbs that she got out of a package in Evelyn's garbage can. I promise that we do feed out kids. Lindsey is just...special.


No comments:

Post a Comment