Thursday, September 28, 2023

Fall is here and I love it! There is energy in the air. 

I usually take Ev to school in the mornings on my way to work. Lately, however, she has been doing the driving, leaving me free to bask in the sunrise.

This was homecoming week at the high school. For a kid in band, that means things get busy. A parade, a football game, an assembly, and a halftime show, all on top of getting ready for the big dance, and still trying to fall into the swing of things with classes and school and homework and music lessons. I am completely serious when I say that it sounds really difficult to be an involved teen.


Ev played in the pep band at the football game, and then did a halftime show with the drumline. The four of us went to watch, and I have to say I felt more "school spirit" than I have in a long time. It was totally fun getting in on the game and cheering and buying junk food from the students and just being a part of the community that we haven't really experienced before with younger kids. I think these high school events will become regular things for us.



Getting ready for the dance. (The tie was re-tied to the proper length). She went and hung out with friends before the dance and got photos with them...hopefully I can get some of those to post a little later.

Rach and I went to a comedy night

This post is very heavy on the Evelyn, isn't it? Well, she is the oldest. Anyway, we do "culture nights" from time to time that are directed by individual kids. Ev and Rachel worked for like 3 hours in the kitchen the other day to make an excellent Greek-themed dinner. I think it was good bonding time for them.

Here are a few more homecoming photos:




Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment