Tuesday, May 17, 2022

For the most part, this photo summarizes my weekend:


I know I've mentioned "study club" over the years in the blog. I actually really look forward to these weekends. It's where a bunch of dentists get together and geek out over teeth and stuff. This year I have taken on the role of "IT/AV/Website Guy" for the club, which has actually been a little bit fun.

*****

Weeks ago, I told Rachel to clear her evening plans for us to go out to dinner with some of the doctors in study club on Saturday night.

Which was a lie.

After a little bit of covert planning, the timing couldn't have worked out better. Just as her and I were "leaving" for our date, the doorbell rang. Rachel opened it, and almost immediately burst into surprised and happy tears.  

Her two best friends, Kristin and Jamie, were standing on our doorstep dressed for an evening of fun. They were taking her out for an early birthday celebration. I'm not sure of the all the details, but I know it ended with them dancing the night away at a local club. It's good to have friends like these.

Fierce, Fabulous, and Forty!


*****
As for family stuff, nothing too wild this week. A group of us went on a hike that ended up being much longer than I think anyone was expecting. I should add that we all saw this as a good thing.



Also, there were some shenanigans around the house:


Sometimes our kids like to dabble in makeup artistry

*****
As for Rach and I, we got out on three different occasions. This is pretty par-for-the-course for us. We go on lots of dates, and I really like that. 

The first was our usual breakfast date on Mondays, followed by some gym time together. This happens almost every week.

On Friday night, we went to a cider house where one of our favorite local musicians was playing. He usually does solo stuff, but this time he had a band with him and I think they did great!


And then on Sunday we went to the screening of Reel Rock 16, a big gathering of climbers which is always a lot of fun. Climbing has a culture which is definitely influenced by, but separate from the actual activity of getting to the top of rocks and mountains. For the most part, I really like this culture, and I think the best parts of it come out during gatherings like this. It was a laid-back evening full of laughter and friends.

Alright, that's it. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment