Monday, December 27, 2021

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Christmas was actually pretty great this year. Usually I'm a bit of a grinch about the holidays- a title I wear proudly, I'll have it known. (As far as I'm concerned, the Grinch SAVED Christmas for the Whos...but that's a digression I'll leave for later). This year was a little bit different though, because our family is growing up. A lot of the hoo-ha about presents and Santa and seasonal sentimentality was circumvented by a common realization that we, as a family, don't really need all of that. We did the normal traditions, sure, but they were done in a more mature way this year than in times past. I like the direction this is headed.

Anyway- besides normal Christmas things, we skied a bunch. That's just what we do. Later this week we are driving down to visit some family and ski a bunch more. Should be good.

Enjoy the pictures!

Annual Christmas Pageant. Addy took charge of the sheep crew. Maren was an enthusiastic angel. Lindsey made for a somber shepherd. And Jackson was very proud and excited to play the part of the star.


Rach and Jack. Every year she schedules five shifts of bell-ringing- one with each of the kids. They make it fun :)

More parties. This is from a work thing I did at an escape room.

Christmas Eve PJs!

Lindsey is the queen of the lodge. 

I actually really like this photo that was taken from the window of the lodge. You've got the icicles, the lift, the trees, and Evelyn zooming by in the bottom corner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment