Wednesday, September 2, 2020

 There isn't a lot to write this week, but there are a lot of pictures. Last weekend, the kids and I took advantage of some nice weather and went on a short backpacking trip. Everyone did awesome, we told stories on the trail, we explored the mountains, and we enjoyed one of the most spectacular sunsets we have seen in a while. We saw a few other hikers who commented to me how "brave" I was to take five kids out on my own. I'll take the compliment, but honestly, all five of them were pretty much self sufficient. There was no complaining, and the kids pitched in with all the camp chores so much that I hardly had to do anything. This is definitely something that we have "dialed" in our family.

Here's some photos:

Getting started
Our destination was Harrison Lake, high up in the Idaho Selkirks


Addy and Jack pitched the kid tent. I slept in a bivy. I think all our packs put together weighed less than fifty pounds. Mine was probably just over half of that. Not bad for a group of six. Like I said, we have this dialed.
I wasn't expecting to make a campfire (too much work for me), but the kids had other plans. They made this, basically, on their own.

There is no editing on this picture that I just took with my cell phone. It was beautiful.
Good morning face!

It is a well-documented fact that ice cream and burgers taste twice as good after a backpacking trip.

*****

Other activities:

Annual free dental day. It was a little slower this year than in the past, and we had several team members who couldn't show up. Those of us who were there still had fun though.

*****

Also, we got our family pictures back. My sister, Allison, does professional photography and took these. It was about time we updated!




I should mention that I took Ev's picture on my phone. Things were crazy and I don't think my sister was able to get to all the kids. Personally, I think it turned out pretty good.
I also did Jackson's. All the rest are Allison's work though.


We have lots of pictures of lots of poses, but this is the one we finally decided to put in our home. This picture wasn't planned at all. Allison just said "be silly," and this is how it turned out. Great timing on her part!
Extended Hazard family

Alright, have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. What great fun you had hiking and camping together. I'm sure all helped to get it done. Great photos camping and individually.

    ReplyDelete