Monday, August 10, 2020

Tomorrow we are on our way to the Hazard Reunion and I thought I would do a quick update before all the activity starts. Lately, we seem to be in a pretty nice summer groove. We are busy, but not too busy. We see lots of friends and family, but we also get some time with just us. We've been able to reconnect with some people who we haven't seen for a while and it has been, really, quite lovely.

And that's about all I'll write for this post. It's not a literary masterpiece, I know. But that's summer for you. Easy and carefree. 

Below is a "highlight reel" of things we've been up to. Have a good week!

I am proud to post this picture, because it represents a pretty significant achievement to me and my rock climbing. After doing a number of "hard" (for me) climbs earlier this spring, and feeling pretty good about them, I decided to take on a project that was beyond anything I had ever done before. At first it was super intimidating and I had my moments of doubt. There was one particular part on it that seemed to shut me down over and over again, but after several days working on it and about half a dozen honest attempts at a clean send, I was finally able to top out Return of The King, 5.13a. Grade-wise, it is the hardest sport climb I have ever done and the first one I have actually "worked" over a significant period of time. Thing is...I think I have more in me. I'm pretty sure this is only a beginning. Boom!
After watching our kids my parents came up to our place to hang out for a few days.


Hanging out at the lake
Rachel: Always classy, making a broken foot look almost glamorous.

Family camping trip this weekend up at Farragut State Park. Good times.
Evelyn's mermaid tail that she is very proud of. She has learned to swim quite well with it, and always gets lots of compliments.

You can't get this lady down! Well...I guess is is supposed to be a stand up paddle board (SUP), so she is slacking a little. We'll let it pass though. The "boot in a bag" fashion statement more than makes up for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment