Tuesday, October 23, 2018

I am getting behind! When this happens, it really drives home to me the main reason we do "The Hazard Chronicles" in the first place. See, it's been over two weeks since I wrote on here- two weeks full of activity and good times and funny episodes and meaningful conversations and noteworthy events. When I try to remember this all though, it sort of just blurs together. I have pictures, sure, but I don't have the emotional context for those pictures any more so I can't write much about them.

What I remember for the family is that we have spent a lot of time out in the beautiful Autumn weather we are having. For me, there has been a resurgence in my interest in rock climbing, and I have gone eight times since the last post. Rachel and I have each had a chance to be out with our respective groups of friends and there have been some good times there. We also went out together to the Banff Mountain Film Festival, and as a family to meet some new friends in Spokane.

It's been an eventful couple of weeks, but most of these events took place close to home, and for whatever reason this makes it more difficult to record things. These are the things, however, that become our building blocks, individually and as a family. The small things that, in the day to day don't seem to amount to much, but which collectively represent some of the most significant parts of who we are.

For whatever reason, we feel like it is important to record these things. It gives us a way to look back and see where we have come from. And it is fun. And it is us.

On to the pictures!

Rach made a sign with her friends. It will go in our back yard.




We have spent some good time outside.

Apple picking!
Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the autumn time too. I spent Friday and Saturday in the Yurt in Harriman and it was beautiful. What you say is true . . . small and simple things are sometimes the greatest, but we fail to recognize them sometimes. I love Rach's sign. It will go well by your fire pit.

    ReplyDelete