Monday, May 22, 2017

(When I am 100 years old, I will have a moter home and a pet snake. I will still be a worker. I hope that I am still alive." (sic)

Jack wrote this as a part of a school project a couple of months ago. He still keeps it hanging in his room. Motivation maybe? It’s clear that he has high expectations out of life.

Rachel had her birthday, so she’s older than me again. For a celebration, we went to Skate Plaza with the kids. Oh, yeah. We know how to party!



Here's Rach before we were married. She's even prettier now.
 
Here's a picture Rachel and Maren (by Maren). Personally, I think both of them look a little bit better in real life.

Over the weekend we invited a bunch of people over to our house and had backyard BBQ’s on Saturday AND Sunday. Hot dogs and hamburgers the first time- ribs the second. I love spring/summer.

The nice weather has also allowed us to get out a lot on our bikes. On Sunday we did a big ride with our church and ended up at a park where they served root beer floats. It seems like there were probably about a hundred people who showed up and it was a good time for everyone (except, maybe, for the poor people who wanted to pass the never-ending procession of slow-moving families taking up the trail).

Root beer floats for everyone!

Today, Rachel and I went and checked out a new trail called Fish Lake in Spokane. We enjoyed a nice conversation the whole time, and the ride was beautiful. Definitely a place we’ll have to come back to with the kids.

For family night tonight we had our first beach day of the year. From now until about October we’ll probably go at least once/week…and sometimes a whole lot more. The kids all swam and we had a nice picnic dinner and then went out for ice cream cones afterwards. Like I said, I love spring/summer.

Also, this weekend I had a study club with a bunch of other dentists in the area. I was responsible for a lot of stuff for this one and it took up more time than usual, but things went really well. I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I love that my job is something that can continually challenge me as I get better and better at what I do. The surgery I did this time was fairly ambitious, but it had a great result and the patient is pretty happy about it. That is fulfilling to me.

On the last blog post I promised pictures of our living room. “Before” pictures were posted last week. Here are some “after” shots.



Still not totally sure what we'll do with this space. Kids want air hockey. I'm thinking foosball. Maybe we'll do both.

It is difficult to see the shelf, but the lettering says 'explore.'



A few other random things from our kids:

This is Evelyn sleeping in the bathtub. On a whim, she decided that May 12th is "weird day" and planned accordingly.

Three oldest kids in the quarterly Kroc Center magazine

Maren at her preschool
Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment