Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Birthdays are a perfect excuse for a celebration and we used my mom's birthday as an excuse for a surprise drop in visit. Her birthday was at the beginning of the month and my siblings and I all decided to drop in and surprise her. Marissa and Wesley traveled from Las Vegas and our family headed down to meet everyone in Utah. My mom was very surprised and we had a fabulous weekend 

We discovered a great children's museum in Layton. It was packed full of fun activities for a pretty big range of ages.  Grandma enjoyed her time with her grandkids (unfortunately Tirza was unable to make it to complete the retinue.)

All of the siblings and spouses went out on the town together without any littles!  We enjoyed some much needed adult time.

We even managed a pretty good group photo

I know that many people reading this blog will recognize this place.  On our drive home we stopped in Downey, Idaho at Flags West. We visited my dad's grave, told many Grandpa Kelly stories, and  finished up with scones at Flag




Less than a week after returning from Utah my Mom flew in to visit for her Spring Break vacation.
We were busy day and night and the week flew by! Grandma had plenty of one on one time with the kids and we even squeezed in some adult time!


We were lucky to have my mom here on her actual birthday. The kids had a great time planning her party and she had a fun time attending! 


Logan, Mom, and I escaped for one night and went dinner and to a fun comedy show at the Blue Door Theater. It is definitely nice to have adult time with good food, good entertainment, and good company.






Mom and I planned to take a bike ride together on the Centennial Trail. The weather was perfect and everything was set until I decided to fill up her tire with air... I pulled the inner tube valve right out of the tube.  Oops. We ended up taking a very pleasant walk around the river and enjoying dinner out at the White House Grill.


All of us had a wonderful time with Grandma here, and we were sad to see her go.





No comments:

Post a Comment