Wednesday, December 7, 2016

It's time to announce the winners of the gingerbread house contest. First though, I want to say that the voting was very close- a lot closer than I thought it would be. We had over 50 people respond, and all of the houses were within 3 points of each other. Basically, everyone did an awesome job, and we all had fun, so in a way, we all won. Here's your participation ribbon. But we need winners and losers too in order to keep motivation and creativity alive. So, without further ado.

Third Place goes to the mountain resort.


Second Place is the cottage.


And the Winner is the castle!

Nice work, everyone!

*****

The big focus this week was on getting ready for Christmas. We got our tree and decorated the house. We put lights up in the front yard, and we played carols on our radio. Our shopping is pretty much all done already. Finally, we sat around as a family and drank hot chocolate and ate scones. As far as I am concerned, this last part is a winter-time necessity.

We all picked the tree together.

Some people were cold and went back to the car. Ev, Jack, and I cut down the tree and dragged it out.
Merry Christmas, and have a good week!


1 comment:

  1. I'd like a recount on the votes for the gingerbread houses. It was just a little too close. Seems rigged to me. I'm glad you got your Christmas tree, but I'm really glad you had hot chocolate and scones. That sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete