Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I'm sitting at work right now and I have a quick minute to try and get this week's blog out. We are currently getting our first snowfall of the year, and it is beautiful and cozy feeling to watch the big flakes fall outside of our big front windows. None of it is sticking on the ground, and the uncharacteristically warm weather we've had so far this Fall makes me think it will be a while before we get to start sliding around on the roads.

The biggest event we've had as a family is the follow-through with Evelyn's service project. Due to late invitations (partly Evelyn's fault, partly mine), the turnout was mostly just our family. It was still a lot of fun though. Here are some pictures:

Here's the "before" picture. Pretty overgrown.






Lindsey spent most of the time rolling around in the dirt and giggling.

About to dump the last wheelbarrow full of weeds before we went out for ice cream. Notice the nice, clean planter boxes behind us. Nice work everyone- but especially Ev for organizing this.

As for the rest of the blog, I think I'll just put pictures with captions up. It's easier that way.

Rach was cleaning out some old clothes and came up with this fantastic find. The dress is from a homecoming dance we went to 12 years ago when we were dating. The pants, from two years ago after Lindsey was born. She has been graceful and stunningly beautiful to me every step of the way. Hooray for healthy, active lifestyles!

I took the kids for a treat at Carl's Jr. I got distracted. Next thing I knew, Addy and Jack were swinging from the rafters of the building. I had a hard time finding the balance between pride and guilt. 

Movie-popcorn-slumber-party night at the school!
Have a good week!



1 comment:

  1. The garden looks wonderful, just in time to beat the snow. Well done Evelyn and everyone else. It looks like Lindsey had fun in the dirt. Rachel you are amazing. I remember that dress and it looks as lovely as ever. Can't wait to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete