Saturday, July 16, 2016

This week I am reading a "graphic novel." I'm really not sure if there is a difference between this and the more colloquial term "comic book," but I have to admit that I am really enjoying myself. I've never been very interested in this genre- in fact, I think this is the first I have ever read. Surprisingly though, I think the book I am reading could actually be described quite accurately as "literature." Go figure.
*****
I've shared this story with some people before, but I want to get it down it print. So, lately I've been feeling pretty good about our lawn. At the beginning of the year I told Rachel that I would be in charge of keeping it up, and the results had really been showing themselves. Not only did I mow, but I also watered it and fertilized it. At first, we didn't notice much change, but then suddenly, almost by magic, things took a turn for the better. I was awesome- the king of my castle.

But then, very delicately (which means not delicately at all), Rachel took all the air out of my ego.
"It looks pretty good, doesn't it?" I asked her one day. She agreed. She then reminded me of our rapid turn-around and how incredible it seemed.
"Well," she said, "I thought you might need a little bit of help..."
"Oh?" I asked. "Have you been watering it too?"
"Not exactly." She replied.
"Ok..?"
"Well, I sort of hired a lawn service and didn't tell you about it."
...
...
"Oh."

So much for that. Apparently lawn care isn't my strong point.

*****

As for our week, it's been just as fun-filled as ever. Evelyn, Addy, and Jackson have been gone every day at our church-sponsored daycamp in downtown Coeur d'Alene. The theme was "wet and wild" and they had a blast swimming in the lake, playing games, making crafts, learning songs, and having water fights. So fun.

In the meantime, Rachel has had a good time having Lindsey and Maren to herself. I was even able to meet them for lunch on a couple of days, and it was good to be able to focus more on the "little" kids.

Eating lunch at a local restaurant



Playing on the velcro wall at the bounce house
*****

For the weekend we took a family field trip to some nearby caves.

These bathtub looking things were my favorite



Afterwards, we walked to Canada. See that green post next to me? That is Canada. We are international travelers.


There were more huckleberries in Idaho though.


We also toured a dam. This ended up being a lot cooler that I though it would be.




*****
Besides doing family stuff, Evelyn and I had a great daddy-daughter date to Silverwood theme park and Boulder Beach. The weather was perfect and we had a blast riding the roller coasters or water slides, eating good food, or taking in good entertainment.




*****
Have a great week!

View from the deck

No comments:

Post a Comment