Friday, August 7, 2015

Almond Reunion

I have done a lot of driving in the last week.

Last Friday after work I got in my little supercar and hit the road. The last few days had been spent getting things in order and packing our stuff. Rachel had left earlier in the day with the kids and I would meet her in Rexburg late that night (or early the next morning, if you want to get technical about it). It was a pleasant drive and besides a short rest-stop along the way, I made good time. I walked in the house at 3:30am.

I woke the next morning at 6:30 and couldn’t go back to sleep. Sometimes I don’t like my natural alarm clock. Surely, I would pay for this lack of sleep later in the day.

After a casual morning with my parents we all got in the van and drove to a campground on the Palisades Reservoir. That is where we met Rachel’s family. The next several days were filled with boating, talking, cooking, and games.

Good times.

Making Breakfast

Having fun on the lake with Aunt Marissa

Me and Rachel before one of the most terrifying experiences of my life

Maren and Wesley

The babies


I got drove back home Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Today (Friday) I am planning on making the trip all over again to see some my family this time. Rachel stayed down there the whole week with her family while I went back to work.

Bubble wrap with Grandma Almond!
Isn't she adorable?


Now just cross your fingers for the supercar. I seriously consider it a miracle each day it makes the 10 mile drive to the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment