Sunday, March 3, 2013

Crazy. That is the word I would use to describe life in the Hazard home.  I am told it only gets more and more crazy as the years go on.  In my heart I know there will be a time that the craziness will morph into a quiet, clean, empty house.  I know that I will relish this time with Logan, but I think deep down I will also miss the crazy, messy, silly, loud, emotional, sweet, tear filled, cuddly, and busy time that is now ours.

Logan and I have always been a fan of live theater.  We were completely spoiled in Cleveland with the Cleveland Playhouse only fifteen minutes away.  It has taken us a long time, but we are finally exploring the theatrical options available to us here.  Last night we attended our first play at the Lakeside Playhouse in Coeur d'Alene.  We were very impressed with the acting and emotional climate the directors created with the play.  When I see a play I generally expect either a comedy, musical, or combination of the two. In general I expect a play to be relatively lighthearted.  The only exception so far was Billy Elliot which which at least had a good moral.  Last night we went and saw Sweeny Todd.  Wow. The cast and lighting crew did an amazing job of creating a mood.  It was pretty cool to watch and be pulled in to the story.  On the way home we decided the three best describing words for the play were disturbing, dark, and... We also came to the realization that there was really no redeeming moral to the story. We did enjoy the play and we will definitely be back to the playhouse.

Logan and I decided that each of us could have a percentage of our tax return to buy whatever we want. We decided that each of us was going to buy a road bike so that we could take biking trips together, and we decided that we would buy a nylon string guitar for us to share.  I have recenly begun learning to play, and Logan has been studying and building his mad guitar skills.  Now we can both play at the same time and we can play together. Logan has recently mastered playing Cavatina.  For those of you who don't know this song, it is pretty amazing.  You can listen to it here. If you listen closely you can actually hear the different parts that are being played simultaneously.  It is pretty cool.  I am proud of Logan for learning this beautiful song.

It is officially that time of year where the weather simply can not make up its mind.  We have had bitter cold days this week along with sunny days in the low fifties.  We went to the big slide park for the first time this year. It is so fun for me to see how much the kids have grown in size and ability even since last October. Kids grow up so fast!  I am excited for this Spring/Summer/Fall with them!

I have a feeling that Maren will keep me on my toes in the coming months. Our sweet little happy girl has begun to become a bit of a handful in church because she wants to be everywhere, and she is definitely the age where she needs to be watched all the time.  She is the only one of our children that has discovered the joy of putting things in the toilet!  She is a curious little learner girl. She is beginning to have  a desire to keep up with her siblings. I love it!  It is honestly difficult to remember a time when she wasn't in our family.  Ok- random Maren tangent is over.

No pictures this week because I no longer have a camera at my disposal.  Something must be done about that...

See you next week!

3 comments:

  1. You could've had the country song "You're Gonna Miss This" playing in the background of this post, because it's true. You WILL miss the craziness that is your life now. As Greg and I sit here in our spotless quiet living room, I am grateful we have those happy, chaotic, frustrating, delightful days to look back on, but I would never want to go back. There is a time and season for everything and you are doing an excellent job of enjoying ever season. Each one goes by so fast, but I have found that they are all equally wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit it is very quiet here. I like it, but do remember the crazies. I am so proud of all you do for your family. They will eventually realize how lucky they were to have the parents they did. Cavatina was beautiful. The emotion was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are Maren's fascination with putting things in the toilet and your not having a camera related?? Aahh the memories!

    ReplyDelete