Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring is Here!


Since I am in nursery most of the time when we are at church I usually have Rachel tell me about the Sunday School lesson. Today when I asked her what she learned she excitedly told me about how the circumference of your pointer finger is exactly the same as that of your nostril.

Thanks, Love. I think I'll stay in the Nursery.

So this week I was back in school and busy as ever. Not tons of news there. Our children, however, have all made significant breakthroughs this week.

Lets start with Evelyn. First of all, she has somehow managed to become even cuter than she already was. This in itself is a feat. But then she also decided that she wants to start potty training! She saw one of her friends potty train and got all jelous of his toilet and stuff- so now she has one of her own and she lets us know exactly when she needs to use it. Usually she just sits on it for about one and a half seconds and then proclaims that she is "done," but twice she has actually stayed on long enough to go potty. She gets very proud of herself and we are proud of her.

Jackson and Adalie have also made breakthroughs. Both are standing against furniture now, supporting their weight fully on their legs. Jackson is even in the beginning stages of navigating from one place to another. Sometimes we stand them up looking at each other and they just giggle...Until one of them starts seeing the other as food and then we have to step in and break things up. Also, they can both sit up unassisted and love to just sit and check out the world from this new position. They are both happy babies and usually very easy-going.

On Saturday we went to the Lodi Outlet Mall and browsed all of the shops. They have a train there that Evelyn and I took a ride on. For the rest of the day she walked around being a train, saying "Choo, choo. Choo choo." In fact, those were the last words she said as she fell asleep that night. It was clear that she had a lot of fun, and I always feel very fulfilled as a father when I see that I was able to do something to make her happy.

Having kids is so much fun!

The standing duo.


Rachel likes Adalie's chin so she made me include this picture. I guess it is a pretty cute chin- as far as chins go.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, those two are starting to look like twins! Jackson has filled out so much, hooray for that!

    ReplyDelete