Sunday, February 14, 2010

Today, being Valentine's Day, I thought it would be appropriate to express my love to my family:

Rachel is an amazing person, wife, mother, and friend. As I write this she is organizing crayons, stamps, markers, and finger paints for Evelyn to play with. She has fed the twins who are sleeping soundly and there is a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. Earlier today she surprised me with my Valentine's day present- she has enrolled us in dance classes for the next six weeks! This is very appropriate since we fell in love while dancing in each other's arms and these classes will be a fun way to remember those days while simultaneously creating new memories. I am so excited to see what the upcoming years bring and to know that she will be there with me every step of the way. I truly love her and want her to know how much her love and friendship means to me.
Evelyn will always be Daddy's Little Girl. I look forward to her big smile and squeal of "Daddy!" every day when I come home from school. And her hugs. She can give some good hugs. It is so much fun to watch her amazement and delight as she discovers the world around her. It is enlightening to see things from her point of view and helps me to appreciate the little things even more. It's not even been two years and I can't even remember what it was like without her. How did I ever live without my little Bugaboo?

Adalie is my blue-eyed angel. She has started to interact in fun new ways and it melts my heart when she looks up at me and her chubby little cheeks curl up into a grin that causes her whole face to light up. I love feeding her bottles; she just cuddles into my arms and makes herself comfortable and drinks away. Often, when she is just about done drinking she will give this sly little thin-lipped smile. And then she spits. What a little lady.

And then there's Jack, my little man. Jackson impresses me with his good attitude. He has sort of had a hard introduction to life with sickness and allergies and stuff, but he takes it all in stride and will grin at anyone who will give him attention. He has become a little talker lately and it is so much fun to just listen to him jabber away at the world. He is also a very affectionate cuddler and I love having him fall asleep in my arms. Sometimes I feel like I could hold him forever.

Needless to say, I am a very lucky guy to have such a perfect little family. It is amazing how I can love them each so fully and how, as I learn more and more about them, that love continues to grow stronger.

Happy Valentine's day to my family.
From Logan/Dad

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet post logan- you are an amazing dad.... good luck in school!

    ReplyDelete