Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas! It has been a very merry Christmas for us with days filled with fun activities, good conversations, and relaxing sits by the Christmas tree.

For the first time in a while the whole Hazard family was together. This is getting harder to do as we multiply and spread apart across the country. I don't think I have really talked about my family on this blog. Go ahead and skip the rest of this paragraph if you don't care. We, of course, are in Ohio. I am in dental school and Rachel mostly stays home with our three beautiful children, Eva, Jack, and Addy. She also works part time as an ASL interpreter in the community. My brother, Griffin, and his wife, Ashland, live in Oklahoma. He is attending law school and she is in a nursing program. They are expecting a baby sometime next Summer. My sister, Haley, lives in Texas. Her husband, Matt, is an officer on an army base. She stays home with their adorable son, Bennett. Allison, my other sister, lives in Rexburg and stays busy by being involved in activities on the BYU-I campus. She also attends school and works as an assistant to an orthodontist. And finally my other sister, Courtney, was living in Provo attending BYU. She is preparing to apply to a nursing program. My parents are in Rexburg where my mom works as a Kindergarten teacher and my Dad heads up the Department of Academic Learning at BYU-Idaho. I am very proud to call each of them a part of my family.

Anyway, about our week. I can't remember the exact order of events, but we did a lot. We went bowling. We went to watch the movie "A Christmas Carol." We went and played laser tag. We went and played miniature golf. We went to a big inflatable playground with Eva. We went rock climbing. We played racquetball. We took family pictures. Some of us went to a late night showing of "Blind Side," and some of us went out in the garage and worked on cars. Some of us went horseback riding.

And of course we spent a lot of time just sitting, eating, talking, and playing games. And holding babies. Lots of babies. We have been spoiled with all the help, and are sort of dreading our return to Cleveland. Christmas morning we all opened presents and had our traditional Christmas brunch. All things considered, it has been a fantastic week.

Today we are blessing our babies. Rachel's family drove up last night so they could be here as well. Also, my grandma and grandpa just arrived from Colorado. For now, I'll just post our family pictures. More will follow in the next few days.








1 comment:

  1. Wow, look how much this family has grown! It's so wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete