Monday, August 20, 2007

Oh Baby!

This past week has been fun and busy. I (Rachel) spent the beginning of the week in Sandy having a good time with my family. We went to the zoo, hiking, shopping for maternity clothes, and had a lot of time to catch up. Because of some pregnancy complications we had a crazy night on Wednesday. I had to go to the hospital with my sisters and my mom, but thankfully everything seems to be ok. It actually turned into a really cool experiance because I was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time and my sisters and mom heard it too. We also had the first ultrasound to make sure the baby was doing ok. My mom came in with me and we saw the baby for the first time together. The baby looked so perfectly formed. I was expecting to see a little alien like image, but it looked very well proportioned and perfect! The doctor told us that according to the measurements the baby was actually 14 weeks and three days. If my doctor agrees this means my due date will be changed from Feb. 21st to Feb 10th! Logan was in Ohio because of school and I really missed him, but this was the only chance my family would get to see and hear the baby. The ultrasound technician did not allow cameras or video into the room, but before she left she snuck me a picture of the ultrasound. I will post pictures of the ultrasound as soon as we get our card reader to transfer pictures from our camera to our computer.

I have a belly! Last week I noticed that I was a little bit "thicker" in the middle and my stomach was starting to poke out a little bit (probably only noticeable to me!). In the last three days I have started to have noticeable little belly. Logan and I are very excited about this new development. I also started taking pictures to document my growth. I started at 12 weeks and will take one every two weeks. As soon as our camera is working I will post them for anyone that is interested.

Logan and I have had a lot of time together since I returned from Sandy. We have been reading the final Harry Potter together and we have read a lot this week. We also went to the temple in Columbus for the first time. It was an all day event because the temple is two and a half hours away.

Our week has been full of home made pies (maybe that is why I am beginning to show :). Logan made me a delicious coconut cream merangue pie for the day I arrived from the airport. Our electric mixer broke and he ended up putting our whisk in his electric drill to stir the egg whites! We had a delicious chocolate cream pie with oreo topping for our celebration of Logan's birthday last night. He turned twenty-five on Tuesday, but I was in Utah at that time.

Life is pretty wonderful for us here in Ohio. We would love to hear from you! Our e-mail addresses are rachelhazard@yahoo.com and loganhazard@yahoo.com if you want to say hi and/or give us an update. We love you guys!

Here are some pictures of Haley's Wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment