Sunday, April 29, 2007

The move to Peggy's house

Peggy and George have been so kind to us to let us move into their house. They are away on a trip to Spain for the next while, so we will be "house sitting" for them while they are gone. We moved from our apartment yesterday with the help of both sets of parents. Wendy and Kelly (Rachel's parents) own a 16' trailer that we put everything in so we only had to make one trip. Greg and Nancy (Logan's parents) were at our place early to scrub the oven and referigerator and clean everything. We are so thankful to have such support from our families!

This also means that we will have a longer commute to work- especially Rachel who is teaching in Salem. The first week was tough for everyone, and Rachel is busy, busy, busy writing lesson plans but she has really started to enjoy it and is starting to feel a sense of ownership of the class. On Thursday she made the big move to the Teacher's Desk that she has been avoiding for emotional reasons (she consigned herself to a small table in the other corner of the room). Routine is starting to set in again in her class, which is good considering that the state testing is starting next week.

Also, just a little bit about my job(s). I work in a molecular biology lab at BYU on a putitave helicase enzyme in arabidopsis. Don't worry- that's all I'll say about that. I have worked there for about three years and have loved every minute of it. It has given me a chance to travel and present my research at international conferences as well as publish my findings in peer-reviewed journals.

In January I started working at Staples as the computer guru (try not to laugh too hard). This experience has caused me to lose a great deal of confidence in computer people working in retail stores. I have actually learned a lot and enjoy working there.

1 comment:

  1. I really love the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
    safety course in chennai

    ReplyDelete